Tuesday, January 9, 2007

How Hard Does This Suck?

I had a great fucking news-oriented rant ready to post on Green Hell, at which point typepad went tits-up and I lost it. I don't pay squat for this blog (it being free and all), so why I haven't had this problem here yet is quite a mystery.

So much for bitching and whining.

I'd rather rant, rave and raise hell.

And abuse alliteration abominably.

Fuck talk-show hosts.

Why is it that AIDS, which doesn't even make it into the top ten leading causes of death in the US, receives as much funding and publicity as it does when compared to cancer, the second leading cause of disease-related death?

My guess is that it's because lung cancer is the lethal "leader of the pack". As any talk-show host can attest, lung cancer is a consequence of smoking, as often as not. Therefore, the sufferer essentially "has it coming", as it's a lifestyle-related disease.

But so is AIDS. When I hear a talk-show host haughtily snorting that junkies and "pirates" "have it coming" because they shoot up with dirty needles or allow themselves to be "Dutch doored" sans protection, then I'll take them seriously.

Have a nice day, and fuck you.

No comments: